AEF0117 has obtained an FDA IND in 2016 and is currently in phase II in the United States.
AEF0117 is a new molecular entity (NME) developed by Aelis Farma for the treatment of Cannabis addiction and Cannabis induced Psychosis.
AEF0117 major characteristics:
• Very high potency in inhibiting the effects of cannabis active principle THC in several animal species including non-human primates without side effects on normal behavior.
• Very favorable ADMET profile, with good oral absorption, brain access, long half-life and no toxic or adverse effects identified (Therapeutic index >14 000)
• Excellent safety profile and PK characteristics in humans.
AEF0217 will enter clinical phase I trials in 2020 in Europe.
AEF0217 is a second NME developed by Aelis Farma for the treatment of the cognitive deficit of Down syndrome and the subjective cognitive impairment of the elderly.
AEF0217 major characteristics:
• Very high potency in reversing cognitive deficits in animal models of Down syndrome and aging.
• No behavioral side effects even in the fragile trisomic and aging mice.
• Very favorable ADMET profile, with good oral absorption, brain access, long half-life and no toxic or adverse effect identified to date.
Aelis Farma’s screening platform provides a steady flow of new drug candidates.
New CB1-SSi are NME with an original and proprietary structure providing follow up for AEF0117 and AEF0217 and drug candidates for the treatment of other cannabinoids-dependent diseases.
New CB1-SSi potential disease targets:
• Myopathies: Duchene Myopathy
• Metabolic disorders: diabetes and atherosclerosis
• Fibrotic diseases: liver (NASH), lung, kidney and skin fibrosis